Top Ten Signs You've Joined a Cheap HMO10. Annual breast exam conducted at Hooters.
9. Directions to your doctor's office include,
"Take a left when you enter the trailer park."
8. Tongue depressors taste faintly of Fudgsicles.
7. The only proctologist in the plan is "Gus" from Roto-Rooter.
6. The only item listed under Preventive Care coverage is "an apple a day."
5. Your "primary care physician" is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last month.
4. "Patient responsible for 200% of out-of-network charges" is not a typo.
3. The only expense covered 100% is embalming.
2. With your last HMO, your Prozac didn't come in different colors with little "M"s on them.
And the Number One Sign You've Joined a Cheap HMO...
1. You ask for Viagra. You get a popsicle stick and duct tape.